The elusive chanteuse isn’t so elusive anymore.
Mariah Carey is kinda sorta pulling a Kardashian with a new docu-series “Mariah’s World.” The first of eight episodes premiered on E! Sunday night, and is basically an inside look at what it takes to be a full-time diva.
In 40 minutes we learned more about Carey than we ever have. Here are the top 12 moments we’ll never forget from episode 1.
1. Alter-ego Bianca Storm is still thriving
2. When she’s about to fall, Mariah’s screams be transformed into high notes 3. She swims with sunglasses on
4. Her mom named her Mariah Carey because it makes a great stage name 5. Oprah told her not to let anyone know she doesn’t set her own shoes on anymore( in this episode, it takes four people)
6. Her last European tour was 10 years ago, but if you ask Mariah, she wasn’t even born then 7. If you work for Mariah’s manager, Stella, you can’t date anyone for a year 8. Mimi still knows how to hurl epic tint at other artists
“There’s some people … they’re bleak, darling, they’re bleak! “
9. According to Mariah Carey, JLT entails “Job Long Time” 10. She has a rule that she will not be in florescent lighting without sunglasses
And yes, she knows that’s very ‘9 0s but
whatever . 11. According to her administrator, “she is a machine.”
Who else does virtually 24 -hour work days !?
12. She needs an Apple TV on in order to fall asleep
And her new tour assistant has no idea how to situated it up. But she’s also not allowed to cry about it.